Entry-Level Technical Sales Associate
Company: Texas OilTech Laboratories
Reports To: VP of Business Development
Location: Houston, Texas
Last Updated: 11/2019
Level (Proficiency): Entry
The Technical Sales Associate reports to the Vice President of Business Development and performs daily activities in an effort to promote and enhance business activities for Texas OilTech Laboratories. The Technical Sales Associate will engage in developing and maintaining new and current clientele, sourcing potential leads and RFQ’s and RFP’s, preparing and submitting quotes and proposals, and promoting and marketing activities and services provided by Texas OilTech Laboratories. The Technical Sales Associate performs duties during a 40-hour work week and may require to support overtime shifts during holidays, weekends, and nights.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Developing new prospects/ new sales
2. Interacting with existing customers and increasing sales of products and services
3. Client maintenance with both existing and new clients
4. Quote preparation and submission, RFQ
5. Project Management assistance where necessary to ensure good client-lab communication
6. Nonconformance submission where needed
7. Actively cold calling
8. Trade shows, lab tours, and assisting in marketing efforts to promote TOL services
9. Submitting a review of all sales activities
10. Developing and coordinating marketing strategies
11. Promoting TOL’s products and services to prospective and existing clients
12. Delivering interactive sales presentations on services
13. Traveling when necessary
This job description should not be construed as an absolute statement of job duties including responsibilities and requirements. This is considered a general description for the position and can be revised to assign more or less duties and responsibilities as the Company see applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
1. Education and Certifications: Recently graduated with a chemistry or science related background.
2. Preferred Experience: Zero (0) to Two (2) years experience in a business or industrial setting performing sales activites and/or laboratory setting.
a. Strong administrative abilities are required.
b. Exceptional teamwork skills.
c. Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a strong personal commitment to quality and integrity.
d. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, and governmental agencies.
e. Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to operate, and maintain a testing laboratory.
f. Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, strong attention to details, and ability to meet deadlines.
g. Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
h. Computer savvy including database, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
Ability to multi-task and function in a highly-dynamic atmosphere; must exercise discretion independently.
ADA JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee’s performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Texas OilTech Laboratories is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.